Earth Girl

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Trip To Walmart

I had just been sitting around the house and my Aunt Angela said she needed to go to the store, so I immediatly said 'Yes' when she asked if I wanted to go. But we had to wait for (and these were her exact words) Pooper Butt (Avery(1) to wake up from her nap. Which literally took 2 and a half minutes. So we all decided to walk. I put Avery in her stroller and then Ben (3) in his while feeding Avery a flapjack. Then Angela remembered that she needs to get the mail. She remembers seeing the key somewhere, as do I so we both stand around scratching our heads looking like monkeys trying to remember where it was we saw it. We assume Ben had got hold of it (i have learned if you don't want anything lost while your staying with small kids, you should keep it at least a meter out of climbing reach) and we keep asking him if he took it. The answer was alway 'no'. We ask him one more time and he says 'It's on the couch' and sure enough it was.

Meanwhile it started to bucket it down and I said 'Oh, it will stop raining in 2 minutes' and by the time we found the key it does. So we start strolling outside and 30 seconds later it starts pouring again. We run to the car, which is her old beat up, been-in-a-wreck-3-times car. Because her husband took the functioning car. And we piled in, then went to Walmart.

We got one of those barney carts that kids can sit in. And to play music you put a dollar into a machine thingy and off we went. My aunt had to return something so I pushed the kids around and she said to meet at customer service. Of course, I blindy go past up and end up in the toys. So I thought what the heak and was pushing them in the toy aisle. I found some 'try me' toys so I bend down and some songs are playing and they have fun with the pooh that is sitting on a turtle. Then I picked up another try me toy. I must have been a strange sight singing 'bananas in pajamas' and letting two kids squeeze an elmo-on-the-potty hand in a huge monsterous purple barney cart.

Then I walk back to the front and find customer service and of course Angela is long gone. But I found her soon after. So we go shopping. After a few minutes, Avery starts throwing a fit and wants to get out. So we let her out and Ben closes the door. As soon as she sees the door closing she screams again and wants back in. This happens about 5 times, the we put her up where the groceries go and was content with being right in front of her Mom.

I remembered that the last two times I have gone to walmart with Angela and we would get a cart, she tends to get to the one spot (in the entire gigantic store) where there is water on the floor and walks right over it and slips. But the cart catches her. That's our 'routine' that we do together during the day. But that didn't happen this time. Maybe because her kids were with us, or it was a barney cart. During the night we tend to make midnight runs for ice-cream.

One time - and this is another story, when we were walking out of walmart after we had just bought some midnight ice cream. The 'People Greeter' was either bored out of her mind or she seriously thought I was 10 (I'm 13) but she goes 'Would you like a sticker?' And I'm like 'umm' so I decided to be polite and go 'Sure!' Meanwhile behind me is Angela trying to cover up her giggle fit. I'm sure that's on her blog...

We were about half way done shopping and Avery gets bored, and starts crying as babies do when they aren't satififed with their audience, so we take her out and I follow her around. Now, before today, I didn't believe the 'I turned my back for 2 seconds and she was gone' line. But that's exactly what happened. I was standing in front of the aisle and I looked at Angela as she asked a sales assistant for help. Then I turn around again and she was gone. It was amazing because she had been walking kinda slow and she just wizzed away. She didn't go very far but she was out of my view. But then I heard her little 'Gogatowa eeeeeeee' when she points at something she likes the look of, in her little high voice. Turns out she just went behind me and walked into the aisle out of sight.

After that we were generally around the accesories and she picks up a hat that wouldn't fit me and puts it on. She walked around with it and it's so adorable cause she couldn't see a thing, and yet she still found her mama. By that time, Ben was standing on the front of the cart and Avery instantly throws the hat on the ground and attempts to climb on it too.

That was basically the end of our trip. Oh, Ben found one of those little rides and climbed in with Avery. Angela didn't have a quarter and neither did I so Angela just said 'Come out when you want' Ben was still asking for money. I said 'We don't have any money' and he said 'My Mommy does' You should have seen his face! It was like 'my mommy has money and you don't so ha!'

Then we got in the car and drove home. Angela and Ben had to go to get something from another store so I took Avery, threw on a pot of chicken and a baby einstien (i have no idea how to spell that) DVD and started writing. This is like, my second blog, the other one is about face masks 'n' stuff because I had no idea what to write. Right now Angela is attempting Chicken Makhani. Smells um, different...

1 Comments:

At Thursday, July 06, 2006 , Blogger Angela said...

Erica, you are a great writer---I loved reading about your adventure to Wal-Mart. Your aunt sounds amazing, like a real cool person. I bet she's stunningly beautiful too. Keep on-a blogging!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home