Earth Girl

Monday, August 02, 2010

Bet You Didn't See this Coming

Alright, so I haven't posted in a year in a half... But I'm gonna make it work this time because I was just reading a couple of my posts and along with cracking myself up, I really liked remembering the stuff I wrote down!

So... Here are a few facts that might cheat the year and a half of postless-ness :)

I have a job waitressing (I'm never gonna get tired of telling waitress stories so expect a few of those).
I am learning how to drive - did a lesson today. TOTALLY nailed the roundabouts, and the whole left hand side of the road, in the wrong side of the car thing :P
This year I'm going into Upper Sixth which means I'm a senior. Kind of.
I only get to do 3 subjects! Graphics, English Lit and Philosophy. Philosophy messes with you head.
Bring it on.
90% sure I'm going to University in the States. OHYEAH. Mainly because that means I can stay up till 2am and drive to Wal Mart and pick up Ben and Jerry's WHENEVER I WANT. Obviously that's the most important thing to consider when deciding what country to go to University....
Basically I can do a lot of stuff that I read about on MLIA :)

So I got back from America Thursday morning and thought I recovered from jet lag, but apparently not. I could NOT get to sleep last night until about 2:30am. So I finished Wuthering Heights. Man that book does. not. end. The font size is incredibly deceptive. So when you think 350 pages? Piece of cake, I read the entire Twilight Saga in four days.

You're wrong. So wrong. And I swear the story could have been told in about 12 pages. It just talks about the weather in ridiculously epic paragraphs. Then when something significant happens like a baby is born that becomes a main character, you would think that would be mentioned! And to make it more confusing, that baby had the same name as the woman that just died.

Anyway, enough of the rant about a classic book. I did enjoy the last 70 pages :)

In the airport on the way back I had one bag that I had to hold, a little suitcase (bought that morning at a thrift store by Grandma) that had a really short extension handle making me have
to take tiny steps so that it wouldn't trip me up. And a bumble bee pillow. A fairly standard combination... Got a few funny looks but it didn't bother me too much until a very helpful man who I'm sure thought I was 12 made sure I knew where I was going and what I was doing and double checked to make sure, and waited while I was checking the screen. He was very nice to do that (one of the reasons I love America) and I'm sure it was due to the large, squishy, smiling, yellow pillow I was holding :)

I realize there isn't much of a structure going on here but I shall continue anyway :)

Last night Katherine got home from Glasgow visiting le boyfriend. She brought home George of the Jungle. Probably the best present she's ever come home with. I don't think I'm ever going to grow up in terms of movie taste. I mean I love a really good movie that just isn't for kids, but things like Disney movies are just brilliant. I live for the computer generated facial expressions and jokes told by funny voices.

By the way guys, AMERICA WAS AMAZING. Thank you so much for letting me eat your food and sleep in your beds and for taking me places :)
And taking me shooting.
And to the movies.
And to restaurants.
And swimming.
And letting me drive.
And letting me spend an hour and a half in one store...
Gotta say, the last night was a pretty good finale. It'll be hard to top that next time! Whenver that may be...

Currently my cat thinks he's the king of everything and he should be my sole object of attention. He's jumping on the couch and he thinks it's ok to sit on my hands where I'm typing and then when I move him, he's looks at my like 'What? This is my spot. You now have permission to fawn over me.'

I think it's time for me to do something productive now like watch a movie.

Just as another random tag on, I'll share my two favourite songs right now :)
Train- You already know. Youtube it now. You have to wait for about a minute before it gets good. So worth it. Do it.
And, The King Blues - I Got Love. I reeeally like songs with British accents in at the moment.

Do not fear, I shall blog again shortly!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 02, 2010 , Blogger NOBODY said...

You know, if you are going to go to college in America, you are going to have to learn how to WRITE like an American. It's FAVORITE.
:)
Glad to see you back blogging. Stick with it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home