Earth Girl

Monday, September 01, 2008

Take Me Back

Ok y'all, I'm ready to come back. England is semi-officially a been there done that. Of course, I was greeted with a warm welcome back, a few stories in the car driving to Manchester. My eyes were almost staying open without anyone having to slap me. Picture taking with a friend in a big city straight after getting off a 8 1/2 hour flight may not seem like a wise decision, but it did keep me awake for 2 hours. On the other hand, however, reading Eclipse in a quiet room upstairs above my Mom's shop did not. I fell I sleep, but was awaken by my Mom laughing at my poor attempt to stay awake. Now, this post may become (or already is) disjointed and nonsensical (is that a word, if so, go me!), but it's making me think and that's keeping me awake. 3 more hours 3 more hours.

As I get out of the car -into the rain- I shuffle through the door and upstairs to put my stuff down. My bed is covered in ka-rap. There's some alliteration for you. All over the floor are odd bits of clothes and my school files. On the desk, there's a make up brush set laying open with 5 brushes missing. And my orchid has died :( BUT, when I went to take I bath, I discovered there was an adventerous new shampoo...

A mani-pedi is on my schedule. As is unpacking, finishing eclipse, school stuff blah blah blah. It's not all bad, though. There's a case of 'good root beer' in the kitchen and I get to hug and pet and squish my kitties till the cows come home. I miss friendly americans, I miss my aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins and..., I miss Wal Mart, I miss Taco Bell, I miss the tempurpedic bed and my nightly adventures with my aunts, to get an innocent tub of Ben and Jerry's or to get a black cow.

But guess what I was doing today? I did it TWICE!! I was DEFYING GRABITY! Well, that's all I have to say. Maybe my brain will come up with some more fascinating details to blog about. It probably would help once I get out of the grumpy, jet lagged teenager mode, dontchya think?

Gotta go read now, Edward is back.

3 Comments:

At Monday, September 01, 2008 , Blogger S said...

Awe I feel the void of mini pink lady:)

 
At Monday, September 01, 2008 , Blogger NOBODY said...

It took me a couple of minutes to get your defying grabity joke. I'm quick like that.

I miss you.
But I missed you before I even left Moline, so not sure if that's saying anything.

Why is your bed a mess?

And "tub" of B and J's sounds so much more than it really is. :)

 
At Friday, November 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss walmart too

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home