Earth Girl

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You Know when Grandma is here when...

  • My room is clean
  • We have American goodies are stacked up to the ceiling.
  • The laundry room has been taken over
  • The best potato salad in the world is being served at out table (that hasn't happned yet but IT WILL).
  • 'You Raise Me Up' is coming from the piano.
  • There is generally peace throughout the house.
  • Someone is looking for shoe polish in the fridge (apparently).
  • Katherine is sleeping in the living room.
  • My Mom is calling 'Mom!' frequently (very strange expirience!).

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 23, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! The last one made me laugh!

I like your optimism about potato salad. Did you know that I learned how to make that potato salad. It has made me very popular among potato lovers.

And by "taken over" you mean EVERY LAST ARTICLE OF CLOTHING is clean, right? I LOVE when she takes over my "laundry room".

You should tell your mom, "Your mom wants you", see if it scares her.

 
At Wednesday, January 23, 2008 , Blogger S said...

OH my goodness I am laughin SO hard right now, spagetti all over the computer!!!! four and nine are my favorites. You nailed her personality!!!!! miss you and her!!!

 
At Sunday, January 27, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a funny post!

This one applies more to when you visit HER house, but my favorite part of Gma Cheryl is when she starts handing you plastic grocery sacks full of random things:

Coats she found at the thrift store that might fit the kids next year, cans of pineapple juice she found on sale somewhere, an extra pair of scissors because the last time she was at your house she noticed you only had ONE pair of scissors and doesn't everyone need a pair in each room?, probably an old cottage cheese container full of her wholesome and yummy cookies...

I'm glad you are enjoying her there. We are missing her here!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home