Earth Girl

Friday, April 06, 2007

Apple Pies and Kitty Kats

Today my Mom took me to her shop today to work on this dress I've been making for about a decade. It finally is starting to look like a dress now!! Wooohoo

For lunch, typically, we went to McDonald's. It's normal to work in a Health Food shop then get a grease infested lunch from Maccy D's, right? We walked in after having a bit of trouble with the door. Jen, my Mom's other employee, wanted us to get her something vegetarian because it's Good Friday. We were going to get her the Veggi Deli sandwich. Of course, they stopped doing it and nothing, I repeat NOTHING else on the menu was vegetarian. Not even the salad, probably because they fry the lettuce in pork fat or something , or maybe just because it has chicken in it :-) While I was there, I noticed that all of the girls' faces were orange. I humoured myself by looking at their face, then at their white arms...

While I was at the shop eating my double cheeseburger, ashamed of the greasey smell that was diffusing into the shop, I had a thought. There is thee rap on You tube that goes 'I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce...' But there wasn't any lettuce on mine. Look, see for yourself



Anyhoo, I was really peed off because I paid £3.17 for my double cheeseburger meal and Maree paid £2.18 minus the drink. It' was a whole POUND more expensive just for a cruddy, watered-down drink with ice so it takes up more room in the cup. That you can't even re-use because it's so cruddy. But then I peeled off a sticker from the cup and it said I won a free apple pie.



Moving on, I just have to say that my kitties are so retarded and mentally disabled. I mean, if you were a cat, would your thought proccess be: 'Oh look a wiggley thing, I'm going to bite it! Owww! Oh look a wiggley thing....'?or 'I'm gonna walk right in the middle of the hallway and...Oh my gosh, I have to lick my butt. Right now. Oww, don't kick me you stupid giant.', 'Ooooo, there's something dark and mysterious. Let's go jump in it!', 'Oh look! Someone just walked into that small room with the huge noisy water bowl. I'll go jump on the door.'or 'I'm feeling sleepy, I need to go tak a cat nap on the fish tank.' But they are so stinkin cute and stinky, but cute. And fluffy

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 07, 2007 , Blogger Angela said...

I can't even tell you how many times I have stopped in the middle of, oh, dozens of places and thought, "Oh my gosh, I need to lick my butt. Right now."

This post seriously made me laugh out loud like 5 times. You are a funny girl. And a great writer.

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOTHIN was vegetarian....wow! Cracks me up health food store with a micky D's lunch break:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home