Earth Girl

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Johnny Lingo

I just have to say, even though it is completely unnecessary, but it just sometimes drives me crazy. This is only going to be very short post, just long enough to explain my opinion on my Mother and my older sister. I am only going to talk about one aspect of them today, or else I would be here for a few eons, then by the time I have caught up with life again, I will have another few thousand pionts to make. ANYWAY.... back to the point, which I'm sure you are all DYING to hear now because I have lured you into this blog with my amazing writing skills and mind power. **

So, one day about 3 billion years ago, I got the DVD Johnny Lingo for a Christmas present from my grandparents. I didn't realize what it was until about 10 minutes into it. We watched the shorter version (which, come to think about it is only 10 minutes..) and during the last scene of the very lovely movie, my Muvver and Spiz (spazzy sis Katherine, don't worry, we love eachother really) burst into a HUMONGEOUS argument. I was like 'Oh brother here we go' They were fighting about the last scene. I don't know why they expressed their opinion about it in the first place, it would have saved a lot of fighting that will scar both of them for life.

Here is there argument: Why did the Dad stomp out of Johnny Lingo's hut screaming that he cheated on the number of cows he gave him?

Katherine: He did that because her father didn't realise how beautiful his daughter really was, so her Dad was trying to get more cows off of him because she was so OBVIOUSLY worth more than 8 cows.

Muvver: Her Dad was scum and had already gambled /killed by accident /lost all of the cows and was demanding more cows.

Now, everytime they have a slight argument over the stupidest thing, they say 'And do you remember the Johnny Lingo and how I was right about that?' Then they start that argument once again. I myself have witnessed that very thing at least 4 times, who knows what happens when I am not there to prevent violence and very harsh name calling such as 'pickle-butt' and 'pleb' (don't ask me what 'pleb' means, apparently Katherine's Math teacher accidently said that and every since, she is on the floor in a fit of hysteria whenever she hears it). So I am quite sick of it, I am so desperate I am now asking the public, and possibly the writers of Johnny Lingo.

My Dad chooses not to interupt their argument to give his opinion and tries to avoid being asked who is right. My ickle spiz is clueless. And personally I really don't care anymore. So I am asking you a favour. What do you think? Is Katherine right? Is my Mother right? Is there another alternative. And please don't start a war amoungst yourselves if you all have a different opinion, although that would be funny.

**If you have never seen Johnny Lingo, either go watch it right now, don't bother reading this blog, or read it and see why you don't need to read it :-D

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 01, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Johnny Lingo and quote it often in my life. Katherine is so right I am not sure why this argument has caused my sweet Earth girl any sleepless nights. Leon just agreed with me. So two votes for K. Love ya- hey count RED (the baby) and make it three votes

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 , Blogger Cyndi said...

I wouldn't know...Garrett only gave my Dad two cows to marry me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home