Earth Girl

Friday, July 14, 2006

Spelling

Since staying with Angela, I have noticed that she has to be careful what she says when Ben is around. When she has to say something that she doesn't want him to hear, she spells it out. Like 'I think Ben needs a n-a-p.' 'Don't tell Ben your going for a s-w-i-m,' Or stuff like 'Keep the c-a-n-d-y away from him' And to tell you the truth, I sometimes have to pause for a few seconds and try to figure out what she just said. About 15% of the time I don't know what she says. Either SHE spells it wrong, or I mis-hear it, or it's too long I can't be bothered to work it out. :-)



This is another note, but when we have ice-cream we have to cover up all the evidience that has anything to do with ice-cream. We can't mention the word around him. If we eat it, we have to throw any garbage, rinse off the spoons get it out of sight and wash your face off. And if he smells chocolate on your breath, your in trouble.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 15, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you think I'm a bad speller?

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

w-a-n-n-a G-O s-w-i-m-m-i-n-g? or take a n-a-p?

 
At Friday, July 21, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Emily, remember me? I just want to point out that Angela got that from your Grandma who still does that spelling thing, even when there are no kids around! I guess after having to spell out LET'S GO EAT THESE C-O-O-K-I-E-S IN THE OTHER ROOM for nine kids, your brain just freezes that way. Too funny.

I love reading your posts, keep up the really great writing. You have a great knack for storytelling.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home