Earth Girl

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Airport drama

Ok, so I was supposed to fly to Utah last friday at 2:30pm. Me and Angela were having fun and we were on our way to the airport. We had run a few errands and got some nummy nummy custard. Angela looked at the time and we weren't too worried. About 10 minutes later I asked when they stopped taking luggage. Angela gasped and stepped on it. We were going 90mph. She said that J needed it in 40 minutes before take off. Well, it was 42 minutes before take off, so we start zoomin down the freeway and finally got to the airport.

We run in, can't find Delta, asked someone and we were both like 'What?' so we went back outside and started walking for a minute or 2 and found Delta. By then it was 33 minutes before take off and we ran to a desk that was empty. Then the bozo said 'Ooo, the computer won't even let me do it.' He kept repeating that then put us back in line.

7 minutes later, after someone jumped in front of us, we finally are talking to some one half decent. And when she said we couldn't get on Angela started the water works. Even though it was some what our fault, we couldn't get on the flight because I didn't have any of my Dad's contact info. I was flying as a UM.

So then we went to go pick on another guy and he was like 'Hey, I only do the baggage security.' Which he obviously was more competent than he said he was. I was just a little scared by then, partly because Angela was crying. She asked for a manager. Meanwhie, we were on the phone to Sara trying to get my Dad's info. But no one was picking up there...

The manager finally showed up while my plane was still sitting there and Angela said 'You have to put a little drama into these kinds of things so you get what you need to get.' After that I was almost giggling when Angela was crying. After a lot of drama, I got booked onto the flight the next day, same time. Which is funny because I thought I was going to leave the 28th anyway.


Now this is the frusterating part. We went back to the parking lot and went down a flight of stairs because we went up one to get into the airport. We remembered parking next to a truck, so we thought we found it. No such luck. We went searching together for 5 minutes then I stayed with the luggage and Angela went searching for it. Outside, it feels like it's 200 degrees. After about 12 minutes of the quest, I tried my Dad again. He picked up and told him everything. Then Angela came by, talked to him then went searching again.

After 30 friggin minutes, she found it. She said it was in the 'half world'. We forgot to account for an escalator that was somewhere in the middle of the airport and the stairs. Then it took us another 10 minutes for find our way out of the silly ol' parking lot.

Next day Angela left her lisence on the counter. Oops! That caused a little trouble. But I got there in the end. But then my dad didn't know where to find me so that was a pain in the neck waiting in 'Dusty's Den' for 20 minutes. Oh, and then today we were on a connecting flight to England and when we got off the plane the other one was already boading. So we did our little waddle down the hall. And Ketherine isn't there. We lost her in the hubbub at the intersection of people traffic.

We found her in the end, and our flight was deleyed for 45 minutes. So we rushed for nothing. NOTHIN! Ya know? I think I may have beat my record. My trip ot walmart, might be shorter than this. And I have jet lag too, so that's a bonus. So excuse me if some of this makes absolutely no sense at all. Nah, wal mart is longr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home