Earth Girl

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Birthday memories

It was Anne marie's birthday a couple days ago and we went to a theme park called Camelot for the first time. She had 2 friends that came with her: Hetty and Natalie AKA: Nat and Het. We walked to the back of the park and decided to go on rides at the back of the park to the front.

First we grabbed some lunch. We all got cheeseburgers because besically in the whole food court there was cheeseburgers, hamburgers, chicken burgers and a tiny bakery stall. The beef was nasty and the fries were swimming in grease. And the one size drinks were too tiny to wash down the food. Katherine and I had to share a drink because she forgot to get one for me.

Anyway after our atrocious lunch, we went on our quest for dessert. 3 of us wanted a 'slurp' which was a thick chocolate/strawberry milkshake. But the line was 3 years long. After Katherine waited in line for 30 seconds, she came back and said she wasn't going to wait in the line. I thought it wasn't that big so I waited in line. After 3 minutes everyone wanted a cookie instead, so I reluctantly gave in. So we went to the bakery stall and there was no one in line. They had chocolate chip cookies and chocolate sprinkled donuts. I immediatly say I want a donut (you know how I am with donuts). When I got it, I noticed that there were only about 10 sprinkles on it. I took a big bite and first of all it was stale, then I noticed the yellow icing and how it tasted like bubblegum. I thought it was SO gross, so I took one more bite and chucked it in the bin.

While we were waiting in line for our first ride, Katherine was eating her donut and figured out that it was banana! I was like huh? So we got on the ride and I was texting my mom saying: I just had a crappy banana donut, who makes banana friggin donuts? She thought it was pretty funny.

After that we had a good time. We decided to go on this ride called Excaliber 2. You had to sit in a circle at the bottom and it was a long flat 'stick' type thing that went vertically up. It flung you up and twisted and spinned everywhere. Anne Marie and Hetty wanted to go on it. At first I didn't, but then I went in line. Then I chickened out, then I went back in line. Phew! For some reason I felt nervous, not because I was scared of the ride but somethine was niggling me. Woooo. We went on and these 2 teenage boys were doing a terrible job running the ride. We were sitting in our seats for about 5 minutes before they came around and checked everyone was secured.

The ride started and we were getting all excited and giggley. It turned us upsidown then spun us down to the right, it did that twice. Then it flipped us upsidown and kept us up then spun us down to the left. SCRAPE! I heard a big scrape close to us on the fence and the people stopped the ride. We were sitting slanted in mid air for a while. Then we saw some big guys with tools boxes walk by. Ooo. They let us off finally and we went down to see Katherine and Natalie. They told us that there was also a seat rocking back and forth as well as the scrape.

Katherine was saying that you usually see rides closed, but now you can say you were on the ride when it closed and you know why it closed! That was cool. Well, it wasn't a good thing but it was still amazing.

The rest of the day was fine. In the end we went on that ride when it was fixed and it was so totally awsome! Then we went home and ate some cake. We had just got a sunflower cake mould so Katherine used that to make the cake. We all agreed it looked deformed :-) but it tasted good. As all Smith/Leishmaan cakes do. I remember my 9th birthday. OH MY GOSH. That was a nightmare for my Mom...

Long story short: She was making a chocolate cake and she had to run to the store to get some ingredients. On the was back she needed some gas, so she got gas and left her wallet on her car and drove off without paying. Police track her down. She gets her wallet back and pays.


Then she turns up at my school, where I was totally unaware of the days events, with my cake and says that it is SUPPOSED to look like a pile of mud, because my birthday is earthday! It looked terrible but it tastes terrifico.

Well, I'm meeting up with my friend I haven't seen for a year and we are gonna see the break up. Then tommorrow I am going camping with YW, so that should be interesting. I'm sure I will HAVE to blog about that. Busy busy busy!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 19, 2006 , Blogger Angela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the story about your cake--that's funny.

Banana donut? That's an all new low. What's next, ONION DONUTS!?

Happy Birthday to AnneMarie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home