Earth Girl

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mormon camping and going Ape

On wednesday at YW's we were planning what to bring to our camping spot. I said that we had a big 8 man tent and sleeping pads and stuff like that. Then we made a list of things to bring.

The next night my family and I went to McDonald's because with every large meal, you get a blue, pink or green coke glass. So we are going once a week to get 3 of each colour. And on the way back I was asking my Dad if he could come with us to set up the tent. But he was going camping that weekend too but he didn't know which day. So I asked 'Could a bunch of girls set up the tent?' He said 'Ya' but then I rephrased the question and said 'Could a group of blonde girls set up the tent?' He never answered. Although the car of laughing people gave me the answer :-)

Also, my Dad was thinking out loud 'I wonder how long the McDonald's flem will last?' Because we all started *ahem* ing. Then Anne-Marie said 'I don't think I have any *ahem* flem yet.' And she didn't do that on purpose! My Dad was saying that my Mom is funniest when she isn't trying to be, too.

So on Friday, Katherine my Dad and I went to help set up the tent. There were 4 people putting up the tent to they didn't have a job for me yet. But then I found the mallet! We decided to have camp names. Mine was Hammergirl. It didn't stick, but neither did anyone elses.

After my Dad and Katherine left, we were just relaxing, but then we had to go observe nature for 30 minutes. We went to sit on a hill and since on girl was ALWAYS hyper, we had no choice but to play some games. We did things like What animal/flower/part of the earth would you be? Answers were: cloud, lion, bluebell, tulip, golden finch, rock, sea, daisy, sun, monkey, dolphin etc etc.

Then, we went to find the bathroom (we were staying at a caravan sight, so we had a toilet)*. We found it, and the shower. I was going to have a shower in the morning. But after seeing it, I had second thoughts. In the caravan opposite the bathrooms, there was a HUGE dog that was watching our every move, I think it was a St. Bernard.


When we were walking back Kirsty (our leader) remembered the guy said there was a park. We went in search of it. And we found in the middle of the caravans there was a small bit of land with a baby swing and a normal swing.

We attemted making smores afterwards but we couldn't make a fire, no grahm (i dunno how you spell that) crackers. We had a gas stove, marshmallows and I had some chocolate. Some other people had loads of cookies, so we were experimenting with everything. Chocolate sanwich, ring cookie sandwich, jaffa cake sandwich, marchmallow with chocolate stuck in it, ya know, stuff like that.

We went back in our tent, read scriptures then got ready for bed. Nobody bothered to brush their teeth. We just did our own thing. Laura went to the bathroom after she finished her juice, but never came back to our side of the tent. Candi and Danielle were just talking. And Candi was texting Damien, her love of the month. And I got out my CD player and CD mix and sang along to all my songs :-)

After I was done singing, I was going to go to sleep and I moved to the bottom of the tent so I wouldn't keep slipping off my mat! Then Candi was quizzing me on Life in America. She was like 'So, you went to school there?' 'So, did you have american friends?' 'So, ...' Funny.

It was a LONG night. I was listening to a tranquility CD and was asleep for 1 hour. Then Danielle woke me up and warned me that I would get tangled up in the wires. I sorted myself out then I dropped off again. Then I woke up at 5:38am. My alarm was set for 6:55am (which by the way, I need to change because it keeps waking me up 3 hours before I want to get up).

When the time came, we read scriptures again, packed up, put the tent down and loaded into the small car. They had come without me so when I went in the car, with my luggage and my big tent and 5 sleeping pads. It was no-room-kingdom. We had barely enough room to breath. We kept fogging up the windows. And Laura and I were the ones with the wet tent on our laps (it was England, raining of course).

We went to a forest where there was a course called GO-APE! which was like high ropes, except you did all of your safety yourself. We had about an hour of training and our trainer had a thick Scottish accent. It rocked! I SO want to go again. It was about 40 feet in the air and what you had to do was get from platform to platform with all the obstacles in the way. And there where 5 zip wires. And they had the longest one in England! It kept going on and on and on and on.......

*That toilet thing reminded me of something I heard on the radio about a year ago. They were saying that there was major traffic jams due to a portable toilet that fell of a truck! hahaha random!

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 08, 2006 , Blogger Erica said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home